frequently asked questions
We are always happy to help answer any questions you have just let us
know and we will get back to you as soon as possible.
How long will it take for the money to
arrive in my account?
Once we receive your fund, the transaction will be conducted immediately. The beneficiary will receive the money as fast as within several minutes, no more than 24 hours. However, it depends on the bank you are
Can I still use
IE Money if I don’t have an overseas account?
If you are sending
money from overseas to NZ, then you will only need a receiving account in NZ.
However, if you are sending money overseas you must
provide us with a bank account in that overseas destination.
What can count as
a proof of address (POA)?
MUST select ONE option from these:
• A utility bill, council rates bill issued to the
individual that is not more than 3 months old showing the
address and name of the individual
• A statement from IRD issued to the individual that is
not more than 3 months old showing the address and name
of the individual
• A tenancy agreement for the place the person is
• A letter from an electoral office
• An insurance company policy or a letter from the person’s Kiwi Saver provider
• Court document
• Car registration notification/demand addressed to person
• Letter from educational institution addressed to the
person (must be letterhead paper and signed by person in
authority confirming residential address)
• A letter/notification from ACC, local council or government organization"
If I’m not based in Auckland, Sydney
or Beijing can I still open an IE Currency account?
Yes, we are able to
conduct our account opening process online.
Are there any hidden fees?
No, except the transaction fee, there is no any hidden fees.